DOS SIGMA BETA CLUBS
NATIONAL SIGMA BETA CLUB PROGRAM FOCUS
Sigma Beta Clubs are the youth affiliate entity of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity. The Sigma Beta Club members consist of young males between the ages of 8 and 18, which is organized with the expressed purpose of ensuring that the goals and objectives of the Sigma Beta Clubs are implemented in an organized and unified method. The Sigma Beta Clubs of Phi Beta Sigma offer unique opportunities to exemplify wholesome values, leadership skills, educational enhancement, business training and development, and social and cultural awareness to male youths at a most critical stage in their personal development.
The Sigma Beta Club program has a unified and prioritized approach to the implementation on national programs and projects. This approach requires all Clubs to commit to implementing the "Rise and Thunder Curriculum" and to supporting the implementation of programs and projects in each of the National Programs of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity in additional to those programs or projects unique to young men in their respective communities. The program areas include a "Job Training/Shadow Mentoring and Mentoring and Savings/Investment Program in Bigger and Better Business, a "Tutorial/ Enrichment Mentoring Program" in Education, and a "Sigma Against Teenage Pregnancy Plus Program" SATAPP) in Social Action, and a"Childhood Obesity Health and Wellness Program”.
Joel Shedrick, Director, DOS Sigma Beta Club
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW CAN YOU BECOME A MEMBER OF THE NATIONAL SIGMA BETA CLUB
You will need to contact the Delta Omicron Sigma Beta Club Chapter in Pinellas County. Contact information for this local chapter will be on the website link above.
Fill out application
Pay Membership Fees
Start attending meetings, and participate in scheduled events (some events are impromptu). If 3 or more meetings are missed consecutively with no contact. The membership will be reviewed, tentatively removed from the program.
1. Male youth ages 8 – 18 and who meet the requirements for membership outlined by their local chapter are eligible to be invited for membership.
2. Middle school and High School students must maintain a 2.50 GPA on a 4.00 scale. If the Sigma Beta Club member cannot maintain a 2.50 GPA, an action plan will be made with the Mentor, Sigma Beta, and Parent. Further action to be determined according to the action plan. (Each chapter is allowed to require a higher cumulative GPA.)
3. Each chapter is required to publish its qualifications for membership, which is based on the three pillars: Scholarship, Community Service, Monthly Meetings. - Meetings are held every 2nd Sunday @ 1:30pm at Thomas "Jet" Jackson Recreation Center.
4. Anyone not meeting national guidelines will be placed on a action plan. If no improvements, Sigma Beta Club membership will be placed on academic suspension until grades improve.
5. Academic suspension consists of not attending meetings, community service events and not maintaining required GPA.
YEARLY MEMBERSHIP FEES - $100 - Per Child
Program Registration Fee - Includes National Sigma Beta Club Membership, Liability insurance fees, SBC shirt and handbook. All program fees and forms are to be uploaded and submitted above.
All payments to join and activities should be paid by CashApp or Zelle link above or via check or money order to the address below. No partial payments will be accepted or cash payments. Check or money order is made out to the DOS Crescent Foundation. Memo Line Sigma Beta Club.
DOS Crescent Foundation
P.O. Box 16231
St. Petersburg, Fl. 33733
Rise and Thunder Program Benchmarks
DOS SIGMA BETA CLUB MEMBERS
*Note - All forms must be downloaded before you complete and submit*
Payments & Donations
Use the email below to make a donation or payment through Zelle email@example.com
DOS Sigma Beta Club Induction Classes
Welcome the members of the National Sigma Beta Club Foundation of the Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc. Delta Omicron Sigma Chapter.